Student Member Eligibility Requirements
You can refer as many fellow civil engineering students as
you like. They don’t even have to be from your school. If you’ve
got friends in civil engineering programs at other schools, you’re welcome
to refer them too.
Here are the basic requirements that each student you refer
- Must be enrolled at least half-time in a degreed program
- Students must be a member of an ASCE-organized student organization
at the school where enrolled, if an organization exists
- Or enrolled at a school which is eligible to have an ASCE-recognized
student organization but currently does not have such an organization
You can win rewards and prizes in two ways:
Drawing Entries – All referring students will
get entered into prize drawings to win free personal print subscriptions to Civil
Engineering magazine and ASCE News.
||May 30, 2006
Top Recruiter Rewards – At the end of the drive,
ASCE will announce the Top 10 Student Recruiters, based on the number of referred
students who joined ASCE. These 10 winning students will be rewarded for their
recruitment efforts and will receive:
- A free personal print subscription of Civil Engineering magazine
and ASCE News
- Plus the Top Student Recruiter of the drive will win $500
to refer your fellow
Request paper applications by calling 800-548-2723 (ASCE) or 703-295-6300 e-mailing email@example.com
RULES FOR THE 2006 ASCE STUDENT MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
- This contest is open to all ASCE Student Members
in good standing. Employees of ASCE and members of their immediate families
and households are not eligible.
- To receive credit for each new Student Member, the
sponsor's name and ASCE Student Member identification number must appear in
the "Sponsor Information" section of the online application or on
the online referral form.
- The recruitment of non-Student Members will not
be counted in this contest.
- A new/reinstated Student Member is officially credited
to the sponsor when the candidate is accepted for membership.
- All online applications must be received
between September 1, 2005 and May 30, 2006 to be counted toward the 2006 Student Membership
- The eligible Student Member, as determined by ASCE,
who recruits the most Student Members during the contest period shall receive
- The eligible Student Members, as determined by ASCE,
who recruit the most members in second through tenth place shall receive a
free one-year subscription to Civil Engineering magazine and ASCE News.
- Student Members providing online referrals will receive one entry per
referral in a prize drawing for five free one-year subscriptions to Civil Engineering magazine and
ASCE News. The drawing will be held May 30, 2006 .
- Contest rules are subject to change by the ASCE
Membership Committee. By entering the contest, Student Members agree that ASCE's
decisions are final and not open to challenge.
- No purchase necessary to enter or win. The number
of entries received determines odds of winning. All federal, state, and local
laws apply. Void where prohibited. ASCE reserves the right to change the prizes